Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Grazers of the Roof: Part Two of Series



Here, we meet another one of our volunteers in an ongoing series designated to the collective force driving our garden.

Who:
Elizabeth

Neighborhood:
West Portal

From:
New York.  Born in the Bronx, grew up in Long Island

Number of cats:
No cats.  Two guinea pigs and a tortoise

Top restaurant pick:
Gialina in Glen Park.  We don’t go out much, but their pizza is as good as I can make it.

Volunteer at Graze the Roof since:
About six months ago.

Favorite place to stop and look around at Graze the Roof:
I like to look at the lettuce beds in the back.  The textures and colors – just how fast the lettuce grows.  And the scarlet runner beans!  I like watching those.  The flowers are so bright.  I don’t know why I never noticed them before.

Roof snack of choice:
Lettuce – no, those alpine strawberries!  I’m always looking for those.

What do you enjoy most about coming here?
I like it because it’s physical.  I would rather work with my hands or play in the dirt than stuff envelopes.


Don't stuff envelopes.  Volunteer!  Be a part of Graze the Roof every Thursday from 10am - 2pm at Glide.



No comments:

Post a Comment